How Large is your Penis?

Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Whale is a Fish

I really hate people who have to correct you and say "a whale is actually a mammal". Who are the idiots who classified a whale as a mammal? Yes, I know, it were biologists. And yes I know their reasoning. A whale is warm-blooded, it has a similar composition to a mammal, it reproduces like a mammal, not like a fish, and it evolved from a land animal that went into the sea. I know all of that. But, it has fins! And it looks like a fish. People fish for it. No one says "I am going to go hunting for whales", everyone says, "I am going to go whale fishing". Do not misunderstand me. I am not charging my complain towards biologists, they are just doing their jobs when it comes to classifying life, I cannot blame them. I am complaining about people who have to correct you. You know, I took fifth grade biology. I know that a whale is really a mammal. But I call it a fish because it looks like a fish and it acts like a fish, I do not care that I call it a fish. When you correct people and tell them that a whale is a really a mammal do you realize you make yourself look so stupid? It is basic level science to know that in actuality a whale is a mammal and not like a fish. Obviously people who say that whales are fish must be joking or do not care to be so precise. Correcting people who call whales fish is unintelligent. It is a completely unintelligent remark, there is nothing deep to it. I can understand if knowing that a whale is not a fish was not common knowledge and you corrected people, fine. But since it is such basic common knowledge that a whale is not a fish stop correcting people! All you are trying to show is how smart you are because you happen to know that simple little fact that nearly every person knows. I have no problem with people being arrogant, I am arrogant myself. If you want to show off how smart you are, go ahead. But at least do it when it comes to real intelligible things not basic knowledge. I do not care. Whales are fish, and I will call them that.

8 comments:

  1. Stupid people like to flaunt the few things they know

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) A whale does not act like a fish. Fish do not have to come up to the surface to breathe air through blow holes and die if brought out of the water for more than a few minutes. Whales do not.

    2) Whales are capable of communication. Fish are not.

    3) It IS called whale hunting, not whale fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garnel, of course I know fish are different from whales. But you are missing my entire point! My point is that people who want to show off their knowledge how smart their are by saying they know that a whale is not a fish do not impress me. Actually, they leave a bad impression on me. If a 10 year old kid tell me that, I got no problem, he is just repeating what he learned. But when you are 25 and you repeat something so simple it just makes you look so stupid from my point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think garnel just proved my point

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you ever slog through Moby Dick, Melville's narrator goes into a long disquisition on this topic, after which he concludes that whales are, in fact, fish. However, for the record, they're not, and don't really behave like fish, either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. David you are missing the entire point of my post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. But then we'd have trouble pointing out inconsistencies in the various devar torahs about Jonah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually did think about Jonah and the fish when I thought about whales. Interesting why we both came to the same thought.

    ReplyDelete